Solar panels are a fantastic new addition to your business premises or public building. Environmentally friendly and passively productive, but did you know that dirty solar panels decrease the amount of sunlight that reaches the photovoltaic cells which in turn reduces output. It is estimated that solar panel efficiency can be reduced by up to 40% if their dirty or obscured.
Many different factors can affect the performance of your solar panels:
- Insect excretions
- Pesticides & fertiliser sprays ( agricultural areas)
- Sea Salt ( coastal areas )
- Traffic & industrial pollution
- Smog & ash
- Moss & fungus
- Leaves, pollen & other foliage
- Dirt & dust partials
At ACG Window Cleaning we use Pure Water Technology to clean your solar panels, this is by far the best solution for a number of reasons:
- On any type of commercial solar instillation ladders are not required due to the use of telescopic poles.
- The solar panels are cleaned with soft nylon brushes and pure water ensuring a scratch free perfect finish.
- Dirt and dust particles cling to left over soap residue. With Pure Water Technology this doesn’t happen, ensuring the solar panels stay cleaner longer.
- Using Pure Water Technology to clean solar panels prevents chemicals and detergents from entering rain water collection tanks.
The Australian Standards 5033 states to clean solar panel systems at least every quarter.